First of all, I wanted to inform you of my essential products that I usually buy for making recipes. This shopping list seeks to be as economical as possible. My recipes are quite simple but sometimes the budget for vegetarian/healthy recipes can quickly increase depending on whether you buy in specialized stores or not.
This race list is not perfect or an obligation in itself. On the contrary, this list is there to help you and it can be modified according to your desires, your tastes and your necessary energy intake.
Here are the two categories of foods I will distinguish: the food I buy and the food I make.
– the products purchased:
I distinguish 2 categories of products purchased : products that keep well and that can be stored in large quantities and fresh, seasonal products that vary according to the periods of the year.
*To buy in large quantities and from time to time:
- Legumes : lentils, beans, chickpeas, peanuts
- Cereals : quinoa, rice, pasta
- Oilseeds (buy in bulk because it’s cheaper) : walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, squash seeds
- Sweeteners : coconut sugar, dates, maple syrup
- Oils : coconut oil, sunflower oil, olive oil
- The main spices : cinnamon, turmeric, sweet curry
- Frozen fruit (cheaper frozen) : raspberries, mangoes, red fruits
- The flour : white, buckwheat
*To buy in small quantities and regularly :
- fresh vegetables with cooking : zucchini, pepper, eggplant, sweet potatoes or potatoes, onions
- fresh vegetables without cooking : tomatoes, zucchini
- fruits (to be varied according to the seasons) : bananas (I buy them often because it is a very sweet fruit), apricots, apples, peaches
- The eggs
- Yogurt : Greek, almond, soy
- chocolate : dark, milk
- Super-foods : Food that is not dispensable, expensive but full of virtues (the article is coming soon)
- Powder : Food that is not indispensable too like cacao, matcha
- carrot : a food I use a lot sometimes with cooking and sometimes raw
– the products manufactured :
In order to avoid buying too expensive products, I like to make myself food products that are used to buy too expensive.
- homemade spread : peanut, chocolate, hazelnut, almond
- granola : salty, sweet
- plant milk
- salted chocolate for the desert (the recipe is coming soon)
- Bread : burger, bagel
I regularly run my food shopping on the website kazidomi.com. In the long term, the subscription allows you to save big savings: you get a discount of 20€ on this subscription with the code «PICKYEATER».